Hey guys! When I tell you this diy project takes the cake for my most overdo project ever… I mean it! Ditching our garbage cleaners & replacing them with these diy homemade cleaner recipes has literally been on my to-do list for YEARS!!!Can we say…
So you can imagine just how excited I was when I received my essential oils and all the other items I needed to make these gorgeous cleaners. Now here’s the real kicker…. after finally making them and using them…. THEY ACTUALLY DO THEIR JOB & CLEAN. SCORE!!!
Ok, so let’s get to it! Here’s what you’re going to need to make these 4 homemade cleaners (links included)….
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure here.
- 4 16-ounce glass spray bottles (yes I know- most people use the dark bottles to protect the essential oils from the sun, but BLAH… these are so much prettier). Plus I store mine in a dark closet so problem solved! https://amzn.to/2O446Ia
- 4 Bottle labels… I bought these GORGEOUS labels off Etsy from the Pretty Little Labels Co. The owner Taylor offers several colors! https://www.etsy.com/listing/720416807/16oz-custom-spray-bottle-label-buy-3-get?ref=yr_purchases
- Microfiber cleaning towels… I figured since I was finally making the leap to healthier cleaning products, I may as well ditch the paper towels & use these earth-friendly towels instead… and again they’re pretty! https://amzn.to/2UpMI1C
You’ll also need these essentials to make your diy homemade cleaner recipes… Some of these, you may already have in your kitchen.
- Vinegar… You’ll need a quart or two
- Rubbing alcohol… I’d pick up 2- 16 ounce bottles
- Distilled water… You’ll want at least a gallon to make these 4 recipes.
- Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds Biodegradable Cleaner… you could substitute for dish soap, but Sal Suds is a healthier option! https://amzn.to/2LmffRA
- Essential Oils; Tea Tree, Lemon, Lavender & Germ Destroyer Blend by Plant Therapy. I love Plant Therapy’s oils & here’s 2 reasons why:
EDUCATION!!! PT is BIG on education! This is crucial for newbies like me! While it’s true, essential oils offer you endless benefits, they must be used with respect. Plant Therapy not only offers you a crash course about the history, quality & safety of their oils under the “learn” section of their menu, but they even make it easier with their Kid Safe line of oils & dilution charts so you really can’t mess this up!
NO MIDDLE MAN!!! We’ve all been there… chatting with some “friend” on Insta, Facebook, etc. who “wants to help us” navigate through our essential oil journey, only to find out minutes later that they work for the brand they’re pushing on us. Immediately we wonder… are the products really that great or are you just chasing a commission? On that note, let me state clearly… I do NOT work for Plant Therapy. In fact, I won’t make a single penny if you order your oils from them. I simply believe & love their products… CRAZY concept, I know!
Here are the 4 recipes. Feel free to adjust them your liking… Just make sure you’re following Plant Therapy’s dilution rates for safety.
For each recipe, combine all ingredients listed below in a 16 oz bottle, fill the rest of your bottle with distilled water & shake before each use.
All Purpose Cleaner (this cleaner doubles as a mold/mildew shower/tile cleaner)
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp dish soap
- 20 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 20 drops of PT’s Germ Destroyer Blend (I didn’t use this for my recipes, but will adding it into my next batch for added protection)
Countertop Cleaner (fyi… vinegar in it is NOT safe to use on granite)
- 2 Tbs of alcohol
- 1-2 drops of Sal Suds
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil
- 1/8 cup alcohol
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil
- I’ve read a Tbs of cornstarch works great in this recipe too, but I didn’t use any & I had ZERO streaks
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup alcohol
- a few drops of dish soap
- 20 drops of lavender essential oil
Alrighty, that’s a wrap! Hopefully you don’t procrastinate as long as I did to make these healthy & beautiful diy homemade cleaner recipes! LOL! I’d love to hear how yours turned out…. Leave me a comment below or follow me on Instagram (linked at the bottom of this page) & tell me if you’re loving them!